Hey there, I'm Emily and I'm so glad you're here! Most days you'll find me working on my laptop with two fluffy white dogs curled up next to me all the while I juggle my roles as a mama to the greatest little boy with the most talked-about hair, a wife to the most supportive husband ever, and an entrepreneur with the best clients in the world.
I am a baby whisperer, an artist, and an educator. I'm also a dog-lover, a pasta fanatic, and an admirer of all things cute.
my goal is to create art for you that will last generations
My photography style is timeless, emotional and real. I'm all about direction and making sure everyone is photographed in the most flattering way, but I promise not to set up any poses that scream 90's cheese! Ha! I want the memory of your session to be one of comfort, of relaxation, definitely fun-filled but also of touching sentiment that your family legacy is being recorded with creativity, consistency and professionalism.
When I'm not working with my clients, I volunteer my time with Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep; a non-profit organization offering remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a new baby. I was drawn to this organization because of the invaluable gift that the service provides, but also because of the growing demand for photographers in Ottawa alone.
Here are five things you might not know about me:
1. I'm surprisingly talented at sight-reading piano music. As a teenager I was hired to fill in for the church organist on occasion and it would stress my parents out when I never ever practised!
2. My favourite TV shows are Grey's Anatomy, Nashville, This Is Us, Call The Midwife, and The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
3. My very first job was working as a cleaner in the maternity ward and nursery at a local hospital. That was when I just knew that somehow I needed to find a career working with babies.
4. My favourite treat is the original Cadbury Cream Eggs!
5. I am proud that I am still in touch with my childhood besties xo