The art of newborn photography is a rapid-growing trend. It is exciting to photograph the tiniest of subjects, and knowing that you are creating lasting memories of such fleeting moments is rewarding. There are many techniques to pose newborn babies, but it is important that each technique is done in the safest way to ensure that baby is comfortable and free from harm throughout the entire process. In the Newborn Mentoring Session we will be doing a newborn session from start to finish including parent posing, bean bag poses and prop poses. In addition to the session itself, we will be covering client preparation, and then the post-processing work including culling and editing.
Emily is a Nationally Accredited Newborn Photographer, and has been photographing newborn babies and their families since 2009.
We do not use any natural light. All sessions use strobe lighting.
The Newborn Mentoring Session is for professional photographers looking to refine their newborn posing and lighting.
The Newborn Mentoring Session is 7 hours in length and the date will be agreed upon before booking. Start time is 9:30 AM.
The Newborn Mentoring Session will take place at Diamondview Photography’s studio in the west end of Ottawa, Ontario.
$950 for 1:1 mentoring sessions
$750 for 2:1 mentoring sessions (per student)
50% non-refundable retainer due at the time of booking
Remaining balance due one week before Newborn Mentoring Session
Snacks, beverages and lunch are provided
We will cover the following in the Newborn Mentoring Session:
- Studio lighting
- Camera settings
- White balance
- Post-production (culling and retouching)
- Client session prep
- Newborn calming and soothing techniques
- Baby with parents
- Beanbag poses
- Prop poses
- You must own and be familiar with a DSLR camera and use manual settings (ISO, shutter speed, aperture). I will explain what settings I use for each set up.
- You must supply your own model release contract if you wish to use any images in your portfolio.
- You must have some knowledge of Lightroom and Photoshop as I will be walking you through my post-processing.
- You must have your own business liability insurance.
- You must reside and operate your photography business approximately 125 km or more away from Kanata, Ontario.
- You must sign the Newborn Mentoring Session agreement
Sign up for your Newborn Mentoring Session or request more info: