Read HERE to see what past students are saying about the workshop!
Both studios have been running successfully for over 6 and 7 years thanks to the education and experience that Melissa and Emily have each gained throughout the last 10 years. This workshop will be based on their business knowledge and years of experience running their respective studios.
Emily was the Manager of Business Operations at a successful printing company before she decided to operate her studio full time; and, Melissa is a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) with over 10 years business and accounting experience which as been essential to the way she runs her studio. Emily and Melissa are both accredited member of the Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC).
We hope you will be joining us and please feel free to contact either of us with any questions you may have!
Think you’d rather learn 1:1 or 2:1 … check out our customizable business mentoring HERE.
If you are a small business owner and charging customers for your work, this 2-day workshop is for you!
January 20th & 21st, 2018
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days
$650 – early bird rate!
$750 – regular rate
Because you have the drive to succeed with a profitable business
Lunch and snacks included!
- How to organize your business for tax time
- How much money you need to be setting aside to pay for personal taxes
- Should you charge HST?
- Should you hire an accountant?
Microsoft Excel vs other accounting software
We will discuss the following to help you decide if you should use accounting software to track your income and expenses or if Excel/Numbers is sufficient.
- How large is your business in dollar value?
- Are you making many purchases?
- Do you have a lot of clients (i.e. many transactions)?
- Do you own multiple businesses?
- Are you incorporated?
Cost of running your business
- How much does it cost to run your business (in time and in dollars)?
- What items should you include as part of your costs?
- What are your fixed and variable costs?
- How do you determine your session costs and your product costs?
How to price yourself (i.e. your time and your products)
Based on calculating your costs…
- How do you take that information to help you price yourself properly?
- Taking into account what the market will bear and what the service you offer is.
Contracts and Policies
We will cover all of the obvious and not-so-obvious clauses to include in your client contracts, from business policies to limit of liability.
Communication & Personality Types
We will cover the whole client experience from start to finish in terms of HOW we communicate.
- Email communication
- Phone communication
- In-person communication
- How to deal with difficult personality types
Your website is a prospective client’s first look at who you are. We will cover all of the pertinent details to include and exclude from your website for an effective and pleasant client experience. We will also provide general website critique.
How to keep your business organized, from client inquiries, new bookings, task lists and orders… we will go over some effective methods to keep your workflow tidy and organized so you will never miss a step!
In Person Sales (IPS)
Selling face-to-face can be a scary concept, but it doesn’t have to be! We will go over our tried and true process of In Person Sales so that you can say goodbye to selling online and say hello to increased sales! We will go over the pros and cons and find the best way to make IPS work for your business. Not only will this be something great for your business, but it will benefit your clients as well.
- How much should you be budgeting for your business weekly, monthly, annually?
- What percentage of your income should be reinvested in your business?
- What types of expenses are good investments in your business and will help you grow?
- How do you make a budget and what should a budget include and look like?
We will be covering the most effective ways to maintain productivity so that you stay on top of your to-do list without overwhelming your schedule! For photographers, how much time should you allocate to post-processing? What is the fastest way to cull images?
to reserve your seat, click HERE
Contact Emily and Melissa at EmMelPhoto@gmail.com with any questions!